Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Quiet

I love being away from home. I rarely get homesick, and if I do, it doesn't last very long. I just like being abroad. I enjoy the quiet of it all. I have a lot of time with my own thoughts and without the hustle and bustle of Atlanta. I read a lot more books when I am away. I take more time to just sit around and talk about nothing. Sometimes I just join the locals and sit in silence. Very cool. I walk a lot more in Africa. When I am in the states I walk fast. Here, I stroll. Cool. I am no longer tempted with an abundance of packaged foods and McDonald's on every corner. The fastest food I can get it a slice of watermelon, friend plantains, grilled kabobs or fresh baked bread from the street vendors. I wake up with the sun. I usually can't sleep later than 6 a.m. as the rooster insists that I get up. I really like it in Ghana. I wouldn't return except, I miss my friends and family a lot...that's the only reason I plan on coming back...Unless of course, they would be open to coming here...

Also, I need to start making plans for next summers travel abroad. I am thinking Asia? Any suggestions?

1 comment: