Sunday, December 4, 2011

Another Former British Colony

I arrived in Kenya at 1:30 a.m last night. I am staying with a very nice family, the Matunga's. So far I have learned 2 words and 1 commonly asked question in Swahili. I have gone to the market and to the mall. I have exchanged my dollars for shillings and I got a SIM card for my phone. I have noticed a lot of similarities and a lot of differences from Ghana but I am hesitant to make any blatant statements, as I have just arrived. Do know, however, that once I get my bearings my opinions are well on their way! Tonight, I am tired. I will rest now. Tomorrow I will begin volunteering in Kibera, Kenya's largest slum and the second largest slum in Africa. I will be feeding children at an orphanage that takes in children with or orphaned by HIV/AIDS. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment